In response to the growing awareness of systemic racism, and diversity, equity, and inclusion issues in the workplace, many organizations are creating ad hoc task forces and Employee Engagement groups. Typically, they provide input, insight, and work to help advance the organization's goal of being a more inclusive work environment and a culture of belonging.
The challenge is that some team members are comfortable broaching and leading courageous cross-cultural conversations, and others are uneasy. It becomes difficult to lead others through complex cultural issues when you lack the necessary tools and practices to keep yourself and the group emotionally safe and productive. The passion and desire to effect change are usually present in the team members; however, tools, and practices are needed for sustainable transformation.
We give you the tools and competencies to create S.P.A.C.E. for transformation, first within the task force itself and then offering guidance on how to cascade it throughout the organization. We provide Sustainable Practices Addressing Cultural Entanglement. Ours is not a cookie-cutter approach, but instead, we consider the team's specific and unique cultural needs. We provide the particular learning experiences needed to foster connection, curiosity, compassion, creativity, courage, and clarity for the task force, which is then better equipped to champion the organization's transformations. Leading from the heart to inspire the desired change within the culture.
We are here to help your organization's DEI Task Force!
POTENTIAL SESSION TOPICS:
• "Identity Politics" (Defining ourselves and how to work with others from a heart-centered place; Identifying our personal triggers...)
• "How to Self-Audit When Working With Others" (Tools to foster self-care when dealing with potentially hazardous emotional issues)
• "Laser-Focused Conflict Resolution" (Tools to deal with micro-aggressions and both passive and direct conflict)
• "Biases, Conscious and Unconscious" (A deep dive into more than just the Implicit ones...)
• "Communicating with Empathy" (Tools for having Courageous Conversations even when it is extremely difficult)
• "Strategic Questioning Techniques" (How to get to the truth in any situation)
• "How to Cultivate Cultural Intelligence" (Maneuvering Cultural Appreciation, Appropriation and Sensitivity)
• "Group Check-In Protocols" (Activity ideas to check the emotional temperature in a group)
• "Understanding Cultural Collective Consciousness" (How it informs our interactions with others and can create cultural communication barriers)
And many more topics...
Contact Us: Niambi Jaha-Echols, CCAS